And my formal acceptance of the One Lovely Blog award: thank you Neferet (Stay for a Spell)!
So, 7 things about myself:
- I will be turning 30 next Monday.
- I love to read and have been known to skip meals in favor of continuing with a book I have started.
- Fireworks have been known to make me cry. I don’t know why.
- I have a rooster living in my backyard. It appeared there three years ago. No one knows where it came from, and no one has been able to capture it. My neighbor feeds it, I think.
- I love the ocean, but I don’t know how to swim.
- I have kept a gratitude journal for over a year now. For the past six months I have written in it almost daily, with only a few missed days here and there.
- I sleep with a stuffed lion and a rock.
Blogs I admire (this is a very eclectic collection):
- Occupy Passion (skip if you don’t like naked pictures–but these are in keeping with the blog’s theme of the sacred body and are tasteful)
- David Leo Schultz (because he updates on Rich Mullins: The Film–maybe that should have been one of the facts about me: I love the Christian singer/songwriter Rich Mullins, may his beautiful spirit continue to soar even nearly fifteen years after his death)
- The Human Algorithm (some intriguing thoughts on the human condition)
- 30/30 Belly Blog (hasn’t posted in a while, but honors her belly in many guises)
- All Maps Welcome (my friend’s witty and observant detailing of her time in Thailand as a VSO worker)
- I Believe In Butter (real food)
- Girl. Boxer. Southpaw. (hasn’t posted in a long time, but has some great observations on the intersections between self-concept and sports)
- Moon Woman Rising (the sacred feminine)
- Earth Hive (new earth, healing)
- Erin Melissa Pillman (sacred life)
- Writing a Life (out of this world excellent posts by a writer dealing with life)
That’s all I’ve got. I don’t read that many blogs on a regular basis. Some of the authors are friends of mine, and some have no idea who I am. But! I think they’re all worth checking out.